I was just reading some of my dad's sayings:
The Spiritual Insights and Sayings
Of Leon Kanegis
1. Seek not to contest with evil, lest ye be taken by the spirit of contention. Rather concern yourself with goodness, for in goodness is the leavening that makes the whole loaf rise.
2. All people need Love and Recognition.
3 All people need to love and be loved. All human behavior is motivated by this basic need.
4. As much as blood flows freely through our bodies
we are in better health.
As much as the flow of blood is restricted
we are in poorer health.
As much as love flows feely
we enjoy good spiritual health.
As much as the flow of love is restricted
We are in poorer spiritual health.
5. Hate is the expression of frustrated love – like the resistance to the flow of electricity in an incandescent bulb causes the filament to flare to intense heat.
6. Violence is love expressed explosively – frustrated, over pressured, bottled up love raging.
7. Rate flares up all-consuming; love flares up all-enfolding.
8. As much as we love freely, we sin less.
9. To love so that others may receive – to be loved so that others may give.
10. As much as we appreciate – we love.
11. There is that love which is born of desperation – Loneliness. Loneliness is the most unbearable of all sufferings.