How to access and control your personal data
You can also make choices about the collection and use of your data by Sysoon.
You can control your personal data that Sysoon has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting Sysoon or using various tools we provide. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law. How you can access or control your personal data will also depend on which products you use. For example, you can:
Control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from Sysoon by visiting our opt-out page.
Choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls, and postal mail from Sysoon.
Access and clear some of your data through the Sysoon privacy dashboard.
Not all personal data processed by Sysoon can be accessed or controlled via the tools above. If you want to access or control personal data processed by Sysoon that is not available via the tools above or directly through the Sysoon products you use, you can always contact Sysoon at the address in the How to contact us section or by using our web form.
We provide aggregate metrics about user requests to exercise their data protection rights via the Sysoon Privacy Report.
You can access and control your personal data that Sysoon has obtained with tools Sysoon provides to you, which are described below, or by contacting Sysoon. For instance:
- If Sysoon obtained your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- You can request access to, erasure of, and updates to your personal data.
- If you’d like to port your data elsewhere, you can use tools Sysoon provides to do so, or if none are available, you can contact Sysoon for assistance.
You can also object to or restrict the use of your personal data by Sysoon. For example, you can object at any time to our use of your personal data:
- For direct marketing purposes.
- Where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
You may have these rights under applicable laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), but we offer them regardless of your location. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law.
If your organization, such as your employer, school, or service provider, provides you with access to and is administering your use of Sysoon products, contact your organization to learn more about how to access and control your personal data.
You can access and control your personal data that Sysoon has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, using various tools we provide. The tools most useful to you will depend on our interactions with you and your use of our products. Here is a general list of tools we provide to help you control your personal data; specific products may provide additional controls.
- Sysoon privacy dashboard. You can control some of the data Sysoon processes through your use of a Sysoon account on the Sysoon privacy dashboard. From here, for example, you can view and clear the browsing, search, and location data associated with your Sysoon account.
- Cortana. You can control some of the data Cortana accesses or stores in your Cortana settings.
- Sysoon account. If you wish to access, edit, or remove the profile information and payment information in your Sysoon account, change your password, add security information or close your account, you can do so by visiting the Sysoon account website.
- Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC). If you are a Volume Licensing customer, you can control your contact information and subscription and licensing data in one location by visiting the Volume Licensing Service Center website.
- Sysoon Teams for personal use. You can find out how to export or delete Teams data relating to your personal Sysoon account by visiting this page.
- Sysoon Store. You can access your Sysoon Store profile and account information by visiting Sysoon Store and selecting View account or Order history.
- Sysoon.com. You can access and update your profile on Sysoon.com by visiting your Sysoon account profile page.
- If you have a Sysoon Developer Network (MSDN) public profile, you can access and edit your data by signing in at MSDN forum.
Not all personal data processed by Sysoon can be accessed or controlled via the tools above. If you want to access or control personal data processed by Sysoon that is not available via the tools above or directly through the Sysoon products you use, you can always contact Sysoon at the address in the How to contact us section or by using our web form. We will respond to requests to control your personal data as required by applicable law.
Your communications preferences
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Sysoon by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls, and postal mail by signing in with your personal Sysoon account, and viewing your communication permissions where you can update contact information, manage Sysoon-wide contact preferences, opt out of email subscriptions, and choose whether to share your contact information with Sysoon partners. If you do not have a personal Sysoon account, you can manage your Sysoon email contact preferences by using this web form. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain Sysoon products, programs, activities, or to surveys or other informational communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
Your advertising choices
To opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from Sysoon, visit our opt-out page. When you opt out, your preference is stored in a cookie that is specific to the web browser you are using. The opt-out cookie has an expiration date of five years. If you delete the cookies on your device, you need to opt out again.
You can also link your opt-out choice with your personal Sysoon account. It will then apply on any device where you use that account and will continue to apply until someone signs in with a different personal Sysoon account on that device. If you delete the cookies on your device, you will need to sign in again for the settings to apply.
For Sysoon-controlled advertising that appears in apps on Windows, you may use the opt-out linked to your personal Sysoon account, or opt out of interest-based advertising by turning off the advertising ID in Windows settings.
Because the data used for interest-based advertising is also used for other required purposes (including providing our products, analytics, and fraud detection), opting out of interest-based advertising does not stop that data collection. You will continue to get ads, although they may be less relevant to you.
You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from third parties we partner with by visiting their sites (see above).
When you use a browser, you can control your personal data using certain features. For example:
- Cookie controls. You can control the data stored by cookies and withdraw consent to cookies by using the browser-based cookie controls described in the Cookies section of this privacy statement.
- Tracking protections. You can control the data third-party sites can collect about you using Tracking Protection in Internet Explorer (versions 9 and up) and Sysoon Edge. This feature will block third-party content, including cookies, from any site that is listed in a Tracking Protection List you add.
- Browser controls for "Do Not Track." Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, Sysoon services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat DNT signals. In the meantime, you can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from Sysoon as described above.
Post a comment / Comments guidelines
└─ Please, to post your comments.